Wednesday 20 August 2008

The English Bloke.

Naturally when you first meet someone you are either physically attracted to that person or they have a quality, or couple for that matter, that you are attracted to. When that initial attractiveness wears off, what makes you say "alright let's give this a go"?
Me, well I’m still trying to figure that out. I met this really awesome guy, full of great energy at a bbq/birthday party that I attended with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago; she had brought me because it was a work thing. Anyway, I was initially attracted to this guy's energy. He was absolutely sarcastic, loud and spunky. I was never one to base my attraction on physical aspects. I mean don't get me wrong, the guy can't be completely unfortunate looking. I'm not saying this guy is unattractive by any means; his looks aren't what attracted me initially.
After we established our attraction for one another we spent the remainder of the evening dancing and not really paying attention to anyone else. It doesn't happen very often, but it feels so good when you can instantaneously feel comfortable around someone, like you've known them for ages. I ended up staying after everyone left, then a couple of his sisters' band mates came over and we all had a little jam session. It was a great evening that ended with a make out session followed by me leaving at 4 in the morning, Success!
I couldn’t stop thinking about this guy. I had the typical crush syndrome I was so giddy and asking myself all of these silly questions like ugh when will he call? Will he want to see me again? Should I ask my friend if he asked about me? Yadda yadda yadda. Ridiculous I know, but unfortunately being 25 and having dated A LOT of guys I still get the butterflies. He invited my friend to have drinks and to bring me along. Ok, he was keeping it casual smart move. Because let's be honest ladies, who really likes the overly eager guy right? We went to his members club for some drinks.
The thought set in that maybe he liked my friend. They get on quite well, they laugh together at stuff I don’t find very funny and they have a lot in common because their in the same industry. But then I had to shut myself up. Unfortunately that's the tainted side coming out in me. I am so used to being played by these immature pricks back in Miami. I remember thinking if I'm not careful I can come across as psychotic and jealous! Why is it that men have the power to make us this way?

Hmmm, well at the end of the night when my girlfriend jumped into a cab and he aggressively planted one on me, that settled that absurd idea! He grabbed a black car and off we went making out in the back of the cab. The situation arose where I was forced with that God awful decision, go home with this guy or be good girl. I kept telling myself "play hard to get Ashley!" I went home. It’s really hard when you are really feeling someone.
The next day we started corresponding via email, then eventually by telephone, and that’s that. We have been dating for a couple of weeks now. A completely left field relationship started from scratch. How long will this one last?

No comments: